RECLAMATION DISTRICT 1004
Seeking an Assistant General Manager
Salary: DOE plus full benefit package
Location: Colusa, Ca.
Summary: Assist in managing the day-to-day operations of the District.
Qualifications: Four-year college degree (two-year degree also considered), Experience operating heavy equipment, working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, ability to obtain a QAL.
Deadline: Until filled
Full job description can be obtained by picking up a copy at the District Office 317 4th Street, Colusa, Ca or the Districts website at reclamationdistrict1004.us
Phone number: 530-458-8247
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER - JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Assist in managing the day-to-day operations of the district.
a. Running the water either personally or by staff i.e. starting/stopping/maintaining
b. Timeliness of delivery of water i.e. communication with water users on all
delivery timing and supply.
c. Monitoring quality of water.
d. Keep Board informed of water use and major obstacles to delivering water
e. Secure materials for projects and maintenance of facilities and equipment.
f. Attend all Board Meetings
2. Maintain infrastructure
a. Maintaining or fixing water conveyance structures as needed.
1. Assist in maintaining a list of upcoming projects
2. 1 yr, 2 yr, 3 yr, 5 yr plan for projects or repairs.
b. Maintain ditches
1. Spraying weeds.
2. Taking care of all testing and reporting of chemical use to the proper govt.
agency’s, either personally or through a third party consultant.
3. Informing the Board on the status of the chemical use and reporting at
every Board meeting during the season.
4. Cleaning ditches.
5. Make a plan and report on ditches to be mechanically cleaned during the year.
6. Inform the manager of any emergency repairs needed during the season of
significant expense, and any other necessary operations.
c. Maintain roads for easy ditch management and access.
d. Maintain levees
1. Inspect all levees periodically.
2. Report to manager current and potential problems.
3. Perform regular maintenance as needed.
4. Supervise major repairs as directed by the manager.
e. Remove old unused structures, metal and concrete debris to a central location for
efficient and proper disposal or storage.
3. Maintain Pumps.
a. Day-to-day servicing.
b. Schedule major repairs and maintenance as needed. Inform the manager of these repairs.
c. Arrange for outside repairs if needed.
d. Report to the manager each month on the condition of equipment.
4. Maintain Equipment
a. Normal servicing of portable pumps, backhoes, tractors and trucks, etc.
b. Maintenance of portable irrigation pipe.
c. Assist in developing a long range maintenance and asset turnover program.
1. Determine probable life of equipment.
2. Estimate possible major future repairs.
3. Keep manager informed twice a year on condition of assets.
4. Inform manager of any emergency or unplanned repairs.
5. Maintain or oversee water meters.
a. Make sure meters are regularly inspected and properly calibrated.
b. Make sure staff reads and repairs meters.
c. Purchase new meters when old meters become un-repairable.
6. Land owner relations.
a. Communicate with the manager, water users, land owners and the Board.
b. Inform the manager of any issues involving landowners or water users.
c. Resolve disputes, if possible.
d. Make sure rules and regulations are followed.
g. Communicate with the manager and landowners over access issues.
h. Communicate with the manager and landowners over maintenance and repair
issues i. e. head gate replacements and drainage structures etc.
7. Labor relations/Field Staff
a. Assist the manager in directing the work of field staff
8 Record Keeping
a. Assist in keeping and reporting records of water use and utility use.
b. Record and report on progress of various projects.
c. Provide records and input to Secretary to help develop the Agenda for
e. Assist in preparing reports and documentation as required by the Bureau of Reclamation and CA Dept of Water Resources.
1. Crop use report
2.Princeton Pumping log (servicing of plant, cfs, usage)
• Four-Year College Degree (two-year degree also considered)
• Past experience operating heady equipment
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to obtain a pesticide applicator’s license